Hormel Foods Corporation announced today that the company was recently recognized by Vault as having one of the nation’s top 100 internship programs. The company’s award-winning internship program, ranked 59th, was recognized in the categories of Best Internships for Engineering; Sales, Marketing and Communications; and Retail and Consumer Products.
Vault surveyed more than 13,300 interns in summer 2023, asking them to rate their experiences in specific areas:
- Career development (including four separate ratings for training and mentoring, quality of assignments, real-life experience, networking opportunities).
- Employment prospects (opportunity to obtain a full-time job with this organization).
- Quality of life (company culture, hours, work-life balance, flexibility).
- Diversity (including four separate ratings for diversity with respect to women, racial and ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+ individuals and other underrepresented groups).
- Interview press (application process, requirements, number of interviews).
Amy Sheehan, director of talent acquisition at Hormel Foods stated that the company has a long-standing track record of hiring interns to full-time positions following their graduations.