Weather Alert

Mower County records two additional COVID-19 cases for the third straight day for a total of 1,107

The Minnesota Department of Health reported on Wednesday that 12 more people have died from COVID-19 in the state.

It is the first time MDH has reported a daily COVID-19 death toll higher than single-digits since July 2. Health officials reported that nine of the people who died were residents of long-term care or assisted living facilities.

A total of 1,678 people have died from COVID-19 in Minnesota. Health officials reported that 1,260 of those who died were residents of long-term care or assisted living facilities.

MDH also reported in Wednesday’s update that 470 more people have tested positive for COVID-19 in the state.  Mower County now has 1,107 COVID-19 cases since the start of the pandemic, the third straight day the county has seen an increase of two cases.  Community Health Division Manager for Mower County Pam Kellogg recently stated that the county has been averaging anywhere from 30-35 active infectious cases at one time for the last three weeks, and she added that approximately 90% of those cases are in the city of Austin, while the remaining 10% reside in other areas of the county.  Olmsted County now has 1,781 cumulative cases, which was up 14 from 1,767 on Tuesday.  Freeborn County recorded 360 cases for the third straight day Wednesday, Steele County remained at 351 cases Wednesday, Dodge County now has 131 cumulative cases, up two from 129 on Tuesday and Fillmore County recorded 71 cases Wednesday, up four from 67 on Tuesday.

335 patients were being hospitalized for COVID-19 in Minnesota as of Wednesday, which was down two from 337 on Tuesday.  154 of those patients were being treated in intensive care units, which was up six from 147 on Tuesday.  55,855 patients in Minnesota no longer need to be isolated. 


Connect With Us Listen To Us On