MnDOT reports construction project on Highway 251 from Interstate 35 in Freeborn County to U.S. Highway 218 in Mower County completed
October 15, 2020 8:52AM CDT
Paving and culvert replacement work has been completed on Hwy 251 between U.S. Hwy 218 and Interstate 35, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Work was substantially complete on Tuesday, Oct. 13.
The $7.1 million project included:
- Resurfacing approximately 16.7 miles of Hwy 251 from I-35 east to Hwy 218, mostly in Freeborn County, with a small portion also in Mower County
- Replacing approach panels on the bridge over I-35
- Replacing culvert/pipes along the route
- Improving pedestrian accessibility in Hollandale
- Replacing guardrail on Hwy 251
Motorists can find more information at the MnDOT project website at www.mndot.gov/d6/projects/hwy251-resurfacing/index.html or join MnDOT’s SE Minnesota Facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/MnDOTsoutheast/ or follow on Twitter: www.twitter.com/mndotsoutheast