Weather Alert

MDH reports two additional COVID-19 cases in Mower County Tuesday for a cumulative total of 1,105

The Minnesota Department of Health reported Tuesday that the total number of deaths due to the COVID-19, or coronavirus in the state has risen to 1,666, while the cumulative total of positive cases in the state has now risen above 61,800.

Health officials indicated that the state now has a total of 61,839 positive cases since the start of the pandemic, which was up 332 from 61,516 on Monday, and the 1,666 deaths due to the virus was up six from 1,660 on Monday.  They added that 1,251 COVID-19 related deaths thus far in Minnesota have been from cases that resided in long-term or assisted living facilities, which was up one from 1,250 on Monday.  Mower County now has 1,105 COVID-19 cases since the start of the pandemic, which was up two from 1,103 on Monday.  Community Health Division Manager for Mower county Pam Kellogg stated that the county has been averaging anywhere from 30-35 active infectious cases at one time for the last three week, and she added that approximately 90% of those cases are in the city of Austin, while the other 10% reside in other areas of the county.  Olmsted County now has 1,767 cumulative cases, which was up 20 from 1,747 on Monday, Freeborn County recorded 360 cases for the second day in a row and Steele County remained at 351 cases.  Dodge County reported 129 cases Tuesday, up one from 128 on Monday and Fillmore County now has 67 cases, up two from 65 on Monday.

337 patients were being hospitalized for COVID-19 in Minnesota at last word, which was up 17 from 320 on Monday, and 147 of those patients were being treated in intensive care units, down 12 from 159 on Monday.  55,155 patients in Minnesota no longer need to be isolated.


Connect With Us Listen To Us On