Weather Alert

MDH reports one additional COVID-19 case in Mower County Friday for a total of 1,095

The Minnesota Department of Health reported Friday that the total number of deaths due to the COVID-19, or coronavirus in the state has risen to 1,640, while the cumulative total of positive cases in the state has risen to over 59,000.

Health officials indicated  that the state now has a total of 59,185 positive cases since the start of the pandemic, which was up 556 from 58,640 on Thursday, and the 1,640 deaths due to the virus was up four from 1,636 on Thursday.  They added that 1,241 COVID-19 related deaths thus far in Minnesota have been from cases that resided in long-term or assisted living facilities.  Mower County now has 1,095 COVID-19 cases since the start of the pandemic, which was up one from 1,094 on Thursday.  Community Health Division Manager Pam Kellogg stated that the county has been averaging anywhere from 30-35 active cases for the past three weeks, and she added that approximately 90% of those cases are in the city of Austin, while the other 10% reside in other parts of the county.  Olmsted County reported 1,700 cumulative cases Friday, which was up 12 from 1,688 on Thursday, Freeborn County remained at 358 cases for the second day in a row and Steele County stayed at 338 cases Friday.  Dodge County reported 125 cases for the third day in a row and Fillmore County now has 63 cumulative cases, which was up two from 61 on Thursday.

300 patients were being hospitalized for COVID-19 in Minnesota at last word, which was down 19 from 319 on Thursday, and 155 of those patients were being treated in intensive care units, which was up two from 153 on Thursday.  51,940 patients in Minnesota no longer need to be isolated.


Connect With Us Listen To Us On