Weather Alert

MDH reports Mower County now has over 1,100 cumulative COVID-19 cases

The Minnesota Department of Health reported Monday that the total number of deaths due to the COVID-19, or coronavirus in the state has risen to 1,660, while the cumulative total of positive cases in the state has now risen above 61,500.

Health officials indicated that the state now has a total of 61,516 positive cases since the start of the pandemic, which was up 625 from 60,891 on Sunday, and the 1,660 deaths due to the virus was up three from 1,657 on Sunday.  They added that 1,250 COVID-19 related deaths thus far in Minnesota have been from cases that resided in long-term or assisted living facilities.  Mower County now has 1,103 COVID-19 cases since the start of the pandemic, which was up two from 1,101 on Sunday.  Community Health Division Manager for Mower County Pam Kellogg stated that the county has been averaging anywhere from 30-35 active cases at one time for the past three weeks, and she added that approximately 90% of those cases are in the city of Austin, while the other 10% reside in other areas of the county.  Olmsted County now has 1,747 cumulative cases, which was up 15 from 1,732 on Sunday, Freeborn County recorded 360 cases Monday, up one from 359 on Sunday and Steele County reported 351 cases Monday, up three from 348 on Sunday.  Dodge County reported 128 cases Monday, up one from 127 on Sunday and Fillmore County now has 65 cases, up two from 63 on Sunday.

320 patients were being hospitalized for COVID-19 in Minnesota at last word, with 159 of those patients in intensive care units.   54,364 patients in Minnesota no longer need to be isolated.


Connect With Us Listen To Us On