A dining establishment in Elkton was damaged by fire Tuesday evening.  

Mower County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to a report of a fire at The Port Bar and Grill in Elkton at approximately 10:56 p.m. Tuesday evening.  Upon arrival, emergency crews noticed smoke coming from the roof of the building, and Fire Departments from Dexter and Adams were dispatched to the scene.  

Michael Dortland, the owner of the business told authorities that he left the establishment at 10:40 p.m. Tuesday evening and was the only person there. 

A damage estimate has not been released, and there has also been no word as to how the fire started.